Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I am not Brittany Spears

I do not share that many things in common with Brittany Spears. I am not blond. I have a law degree. And, I cannot have children quite as easily.

I don't begrudge her, just as I don't begrudge all of you people out there who get pregnant on the first try, by accident, or when you wanted to but weren't "really trying" (I have no idea what this means). However, it still annoys me. So, to all of you preggars people out there right now, you're just a touch annoying. We clear?

I have a two year old, so I know that the feat is not impossible. We tried for ten months until she popped up on a pregnancy test, and then she arrived very promptly on her due date. What she took to get here she made up for in timely delivery- one of the 5% of all babies who arrive on their chosen date.

So, I'm trying not to lose hope. I just endured a test called the HSG (Google if you must), and this test immediately preceded the creation of our tot. The test wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know my fertility doc socially, which means that someone I have eaten with has a full view of things that most people do not. We talked about wedding plans for his daughters and my wedding to the Hubs and I tried to pretend that we were out on his patio instead of chatting over my torso on an x-ray table. It's just so romantic - this process that we must go through in order to bear children. Not at all what I heard about in junior high. Not at all.

And so continues our journey for child #2. I don't know how much I'll update and I don't know with whom I shall share, but I just needed to bear something tonight. So, here it is. My name is Jaime, and I've been trying to have a kid for 10 months. (This is where you say, "Hi, Jaime.").

1 comment:

The Rathmell Family said...

We're praying that baby #2 is on the way for you all very soon. I hate that it is not easier for you.